50 years later—261 Fearless and Kathrine Switzer will participate in the 2017 Boston Marathon®
Join us for the experience of a lifetime!
In life, there is only one 50th anniversary. The 261® Fearless organization is proud to offer you the opportunity of a lifetime: to run the Boston Marathon with the legendary Kathrine Switzer on the 50th anniversary of her 1967 breakthrough race, which changed running for all of us. This experience is something you will treasure forever.
By joining us, you also can be assured that your contribution will pass on her legacy of empowering women globally through running with the 261 Fearless non-profit organization. Running has transformed you—now you can transform others.
As a celebration of this 50th Anniversary of Kathrine Switzer's historic run, we gratefully announce that the Boston Athletic Association has granted 261 Fearless a limited number of invitational bibs for the 121st Boston Marathon® to be used exclusively for fundraising purposes.
Now you can earn your opportunity to join 261 Fearless’ festivities on Marathon weekend and line up at the start of the Boston Marathon® alongside Kathrine Switzer. This experience will include benefits and festivities far beyond the race, and start the moment of your acceptance. One proviso: Because this is a celebration of women, this opportunity is available to primarily for women. We WILL take a few select guys who exemplify our CORE values.
We are currently accepting applications for fundraising runners and qualified runners who received their number through the B.A.A. to represent the 261 Fearless 2017 Boston Marathon Team.
$7,261 for Charity Runners; $2,261 for Registered/Qualified Runners
Yes, it is a sizable amount, but it’s less than the average raised by Boston Marathon® charity runners. Plus, your contribution is going back into running for women, the very thing that empowers them.
FEES UPON ACCEPTANCE TO THE TEAM
$261 Administration fee paid upon acceptance; $355 B.A.A. Registration Fee paid directly to B.A.A. in January
Here are just a few of your TREMENDOUS BENEFITS (this list continues to grow and we will update it with specifics when we have them):
- All Fundraising runners will receive an official bib into the 2017 Boston Marathon
- Ability to line up at the Start with Kathrine Switzer
- This program is managed by CharityTeams.org which provides runners with the guidance and encouragement to successfully meet the goals of both running and fundraising
- All runners will have a personalized online fundraising page and receive fundraising support from the 261 Fearless and CharityTeams
- VIP entrance to all 261 Fearless functions: gala pre-race pasta reception; personal meet and greets with Kathrine over the weekend; wow of post-race party
- Private bus with toilet to starting area. (Runners only)
- Special waiting/ warm up area at race start in Hopkinton
- Special cheering section for family and friends (Location TBD)
- Up to 4 live motivational teleconferences with Kathrine Switzer
- Access to special Team 261 hotel room rates in top Boston hotels, and also access to services of our official 261 Fearless travel partner, Boston-based Marathon Tours and Travel
- Support in fundraising and training!
- Supportive online forum for Team 261 Fearless runners only
- Race swag and exclusive gifts from 261 Fearless and our partners
- Opportunity to participate in organized weekly group runs on the Boston Marathon® course complete with aid station support (for local Boston participants)
- Opportunity to participate in Tuesday night hill work outs and speed workouts (for local Boston participants)
- CharityTeams weekly communications
- Full and personalized 20 week training plan for every level of running by RRCA certified coaches
- Being a part of making history with Kathrine Switzer!
*Please note that due to the anticipated large volume of requests for just a limited number of entries, all applications will be reviewed and considered but are not guaranteed a spot on Team 261 Fearless.
The application process is now closed. Final team decisions will be made prior to December 23, 2016.
If you are a qualified runner with a bib already granted from the B.A.A. and wish to join the Team and 261 Fearless Celebrations on Marathon weekend, you must commit to raising $2,261. Please contact our Team 261 Fearless coordinator: email@example.com to learn how to apply. These spots are limited.