Applications OPEN for the 261 Fearless Club UK Fundraiser Team at the Great North Run 2019
Come and Join 261 Fearless Team GNR 2019 for a truly unique opportunity and the chance to meet Kathrine Switzer in person.
The Great North Run is the largest half marathon in the world, with over 55,000 runners, celebrities and athletes taking part. This year’s event is on Sunday 8th September 2019 and 261 Fearless Club UK are pleased to announce that we are offering YOU the chance to come and run for our 261 Fearless Team GNR, be a part of this special event and have the exclusive chance to meet Kathrine Switzer.
Who We Are
261 Fearless Club UK CIC is a Not-for Profit, Community Interest Company. We are part of the 261 Fearless global network which was established in 2015 by pioneer runner Kathrine Switzer. Our aim is to reach out to all women and to unite and empower them through our network of non-competitive running clubs. We currently have eight 261 Clubs in the UK which are making a difference to the lives of women in their communities. But, we want to do more. We want to reach more of the most vulnerable women and your fundraiser bib money will go directly towards helping us to grow, open new clubs and change more lives in the UK.
Join 261 Fearless Team GNR and you will receive:
- The opportunity to meet Kathrine Switzer at an exclusive Q&A session
- A 261 Fearless Team GNR technical t-shirt supplied by adidas
- Fundraising advice and training tips from our team
- A 261 Fearless Team GNR goody bag
- An invitation to our Pasta Party (Saturday)
- A hotel offer for Saturday night, for a limited period
- Transport to and from the start and finish lines
- A unique prize for the individual who raises the most money
Your commitment to us:
- Bibs are £50 (to be paid once your application has been approved)
- A fundraising minimum of £400 (to be paid fully by 31st August 2019)
The application process will be closed as soon as all slots are filled. Applicants selected to run on behalf of 261 Fearless Club UK will be notified on an ongoing basis.
Please note that the Team will be filled on a rolling basis so apply early! We anticipate a large volume of requests for a limited number of places. This is a very special opportunity and will be very popular! All applications will be reviewed and considered but are not guaranteed a place on the team.
If you have any questions, please contact us