Do you love to work globally, interact via social media with people, and work remotely?
JOIN US - 261 Fearless Inc – the global social women’s running network – empowering women through running as our new
Social Media Manager
Remote freelancer, all genders
We are looking for a dedicated freelancer to fill the role of social media manager (15h/week) for 261 Fearless, Inc.
You will join an international team dedicated to empowering women through running and educational opportunities. Your work directly benefits the 261 Fearless Inc. programs, which are currently active in 12 countries worldwide.
261 Fearless Inc is hiring an experienced Social Media Manager to join our dynamic global team. This is an exciting opportunity that offers varied, hands-on work, and the flexibility to learn, grow, and develop in a dynamic global nonprofit organization. You’ll have the opportunity to apply your knowledge and skills to major moments for our brand, and drive real results around engaging and activating our global 261 community.
We’re looking for someone with a special focus in social media, who thrives on creating strategies and can build on existing campaigns and content, to spread the message of 261 Fearless. You must be an engaging communicator with the confidence to interact with all groups and teams within our international 261 Fearless network, as well as with our internal team, and able to easily translate specialized concepts for any audience. We are looking for someone with a keen attention to detail, a knack for optimizing creative solutions, and a desire for developing a deep sense of the brand and what inspires our community. Our ideal candidate is someone with passion for our specialized area of work: Empowering women through running and education, who can manage multiple projects to support the Comms team and the CEO on larger strategic initiatives, and can help grow and develop our non profit’s message on social media overall.
- Develop or support the creation of effective, high-impact social media communications, aligned with 261 Fearless’ strategic priorities and reflecting our executives’ voice and style
- Maintain a master calendar of all social media communication activities, provide recommendations on timing of important announcements, and ensure alignment with the larger organization’s calendar
- Develop relationships with 261 community leaders and global 261 Fearless team to stay abreast of content creation
- Manage communication processes with all teams within the global 261 Fearless network
- Create and maintain processes to measure the effectiveness of social media messaging and campaigns on 261 Fearless Inc. owned social media channels.
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in communications, marketing or similar, or substantial experience in social media and communications
- Experience in social media strategy/campaign development and execution
- A knack for narrative storytelling and learning and developing a voice on social media
- A working background in social media analytics and strategy, and experience presenting social media strategies
- Broad familiarity with social media communities, networks, and working tools
- Strong computer literacy, including social media platforms, graphic creation, as well as video programs
- Excellent communication skills in English (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of an international team
- A love of developing innovative, effective messaging across different channels and using different tools, including video, emerging digital/virtual tools, and social media
- Ability to quickly turn around high-quality and impactful copy and visuals
- Openness in working with different cultures, backgrounds, and languages as well as different time zones
- High level of commitment and dedication
YOU CAN EXPECT
- Payment on contractor fee
- Flexible working hours
- Work remotely and a modern working environment