Life is for participating, not for spectating! - Kathrine Switzer
Become part of our 261 Fearless Charity Team
Be a Game Changer for women and run the 2019 Boston Marathon® with our non-profit 261 Fearless! Your fundraising efforts will bring non-competitive running clubs and education opportunities to local communities, helping to empower women through running. The 261 Fearless women’s running network is making an impact not only in the Greater Boston area, but also throughout the world. You will help us give women the opportunity to find joy in running, be healthier and find support through our international 261 community.
What makes Team 261 Fearless unique?
It’s a once in a lifetime experience! As a member of Team 261 Fearless, you will take part in our festivities on Marathon weekend and enjoy inspirational time with Kathrine Switzer. Your journey will start at the moment of your acceptance and will continue far beyond the finish line!
In the weeks leading up to the race, 261 Fearless will be by your side, supporting you in your training and fundraising efforts. You will connect with Fearless women from all over the US and beyond, and make friends for life.
All Team 261 Fearless members will receive:
- An official bib for the 2019 Boston Marathon®
- A personalized Crowdrise fundraising page
- The 261 Fearless fundraising package, including a 261 handbook, communication tools, fundraising goodies and a 261 Fearless fundraiser shirt
- Fundraising support through regular team emails, social media groups and team calls
- A 20 week training plan for every level of running by RRCA certified coaches
- An opportunity to participate in organized weekly group runs on the Boston Marathon course, complete with aid station support
- Access to a supportive online private forum for Team 261 Fearless runners
- Race swag and exclusive gifts from 261 Fearless and our partners
- Team 261 Fearless running gear from adidas
- Access to all 261 Fearless events on race weekend, including: exclusive 261 team gathering with Kathrine Switzer, team pre-race dinner, post-race team breakfast
- Admission to a special waiting and warm up area at the race start in Hopkinton, including breakfast and pre-race fuel
- Monthly motivational team teleconferences
- Access to special Team 261 hotel room rates in top Boston hotels and the services of our official 261 Fearless travel partner, Boston-based Marathon Tours and Travel
PLEASE NOTE THAT DUE TO THE ANTICIPATED LARGE VOLUME OF REQUESTS FOR A LIMITED NUMBER OF ENTRIES, ALL APPLICATIONS WILL BE REVIEWED AND CONSIDERED BUT ARE NOT GUARANTEED A PLACE ON TEAM 261 FEARLESS.
- US $8,000 for Charity Runners needing a bib
- US $3,000 for qualified bibbed runners wishing to join Team 261 Fearless. You will receive the same support and 261 Team package, except for the official race entry.
FEES UPON ACCEPTANCE TO TEAM 261 FEARLESS
For both Charity & Qualified Runners:
- US $50 Team 261 Fearless application fee
- US $261 Team Deposit paid upon acceptance to 261 Fearless, counted towards your fundraising minimum
- US $365 B.A.A. Registration Fee paid directly to B.A.A. at the end of January
Thank you for your interest in 261 Fearless! We already filled all our available spots for our 2019 Boston Marathon Team. If you are a qualified bibbed runner and want to run on our Team 261 Fearless - please send an email to email@example.com. THANK YOU!