Application OPEN: Join our Team 261 Fearless at the 2018 Boston Marathon®
„Life is for participating, not for spectating!“ Kathrine SwitzerWe are pleased to announce that the Boston Athletic Association has again granted 261 Fearless invitational bibs exclusively for fundraising purposes for the 122nd Boston Marathon®.
Become part of our 261 Fearless Charity Team and make a difference in your local running community and far beyond. Run the Boston Marathon 2018 with Team 261 Fearless and your fundraising efforts will be used to support our mission to empower women through running by bringing our social running clubs to their local communities. The 261 Fearless women’s only running network is going to make a huge impact by changing women’s lives, not only in local communities but around the globe too.
By joining our Team 261 Fearless you take the baton from Kathrine. Your contribution will pass on her legacy of empowering women globally through running with the 261 Fearless non-profit organization. Running has transformed you—now you can transform others.
Being part of Team 261 Fearless you will join our 261 Fearless’ festivities on Marathon weekend and enjoy inspirational support from Kathrine Switzer who will be with you for the whole weekend. Your Boston Marathon 2018 experience will start the moment we accept your place and include benefits and opportunities that extend far beyond race day.
We are currently accepting applications to represent Team 261 Fearless at the 2018 Boston Marathon from fundraising runners and qualified runners who have received their number through the B.A.A
- US$ 7,500 for Charity Runners;
- US$ 2,500 for Registered/Qualified Runners
FEES UPON ACCEPTANCE TO THE TEAM
- US$ 50 registration fee for all applicants (independent of their acceptance)
- US$ 261 Administration fee paid upon acceptance to Team 261 Fearless. This amount is part of the runner’s fundraising minimum.
- US$ 360 B.A.A. Registration Fee paid directly to B.A.A. in January
We are pleased to offer our Team 261 Fearless members a unique fundraising package which includes:
- An official bib into the 2018 Boston Marathon®
- Guidance and encouragement from CharityTeams.org. 261 Fearless is partnering with Charity Teams to help you successfully meet the goals of both running and fundraising
- A personalized online fundraising page on Crowdrise
- Our 261 Fearless fundraising package including a fundraising handbook, commnication tools for fundraising and fundraising goodies
- Fundraising support from 261 Fearless and CharityTeams
- Full and personalized 20 week training plans for every level of runner, by RRCA certified coaches
- The opportunity to participate in organized weekly group runs on the Boston Marathon® course, complete with aid station support (for local Boston participants)
- The opportunity to participate in Tuesday night hill work outs and speed workouts (for local Boston participants)
- CharityTeams weekly communications
- Supportive online forum exclusively for Team 261 Fearless runners
- Race swag and exclusive gifts from 261 Fearless and our partners
- Team 261 Fearless adidas running outfit for race day
- VIP entrance to all 261 Fearless events on race weekend: especially - exclusive 261 Fearless Team gathering with Kathrine; pre race dinner with Kathrine and the whole team, post race breakfast with our team, free access to all 261 Fearless events
- Special waiting/ warm up area at race start in Hopkinton including catering for runners
- Up to 5 live motivational teleconferences with Kathrine Switzer
- Access to special Team 261 Fearless hotel room rates in top Boston hotels, and also access to services of our official 261 Fearless travel partner
*PLEASE NOTE THAT DUE TO THE ANTICIPATED LARGE VOLUME OF REQUESTS FOR JUST A LIMITED NUMBER OF ENTRIES, ALL APPLICATIONS WILL BE REVIEWED AND CONSIDERED BUT ARE NOT GUARANTEED A SPOT ON TEAM 261 FEARLESS.
If you are a qualified runner with a bib already granted from the B.A.A. and wish to join the Team and 261 Fearless Celebrations on Marathon weekend, you must commit to raising US$ 2,500. Please contact our Team 261 Fearless Charity Manager firstname.lastname@example.org to learn how to apply. These spots are limited.
We are pleased to recieve your applications and learn more about you! Thanks so much!