261 Fearless, Inc. is a global network of women, who have found strength, power and fearlessness from putting one foot in front of the other.
Established in 2015, 261 Fearless Inc. is a global non-profit organization founded by pioneer runner Kathrine Switzer. We use running as a vehicle to empower and unite women through the creation of local running clubs, education programms, communication platforms and social running events.
We aim to break down the barriers of geography and create a global community for women runners of all abilities to support, encourage, and inspire each other towards a positive sense of self and fearlessness. 261 Fearless Clubs can be found currently on three continents and there will be more soon.
261 Core Values
All programs under the umbrella of 261 Fearless follow the following values
- We provide healthy and sustainable non-competitive running opportunities for women to become fearless and build self-esteem
- We empower women to embrace the social and fun side of running so that they may give support to other women who want to become fearless through running
- We foster a global running community inclusive of all abilities, body-types, ethnicities, religious backgrounds, socio-economic statuses, and sexual orientations
- We create safe and secure quality communications channels for engagement
- We lead in unique run coaching programs for women
- We provide leadership training for guiding women's groups
- We develop innovative run coaching programs for women’s groups
- We have expertise in women’s health issues
261 Fearless Inc. is incorporated in the United States of America, founded by Kathrine Switzer and has 501(c)3 tax exempt status. All financial and executive decisions are approved by a Board of Directors. Our funding comes from individual and corporate donations, grants and corporate sponsorship.
261 and 261 Fearless are trademark-protected brands, with registrations in the United States and throughout the world. Please notice: Any use of these brands without the express written authorization from 261 Fearless, Inc. for each such use is strictly prohibited.
Newsletter Sign Up
We are a global movement that empowers women through running and walking.