“Life is for participating, not for spectating!” - Kathrine Switzer
Be a game changer for women and run the 2020 Boston Marathon with 261 Fearless!
Your fundraising efforts will empower women through running, bringing non-competitive running clubs and education to local communities. The 261 Fearless women’s running network is making an impact not only in the Greater Boston area, also throughout the world. You will help us give women the opportunity to find joy in running, be healthier and find support through our international 261 community.
What makes 261 Fearless Charity Team Boston unique?
It’s a once in a lifetime experience! Your journey will start at the moment of your acceptance and will continue far beyond the finish line!
In the weeks leading up to the race, 261 Fearless will be by your side, supporting you in your training and fundraising efforts. You will connect with Fearless women from all over the US and beyond, making friends for life!
As a member of 261 Fearless Charity Team Boston 2020, you will take part in our festivities on Marathon weekend and enjoy inspirational time with Kathrine Switzer.
All 261 Fearless Team Boston 2020 members will receive:
- A personalized Crowdrise fundraising page
- The 261 Fearless Charity Team Fundraising Package, including a 261 Handbook, communication tools, marketing materials and a 261 Fearless fundraiser shirt
- Fundraising and Charity Team support through regular emails, social media groups and calls
- A 20-week training plan by RRCA certified coaches for all levels of running
- An opportunity to participate in organized weekly group runs on the Boston Marathon course, complete with aid station support
- Access to an online private forum for 261 Fearless Charity Runners
- Race swag and exclusive gifts from 261 Fearless and our partners
- 261 Fearless Charity Team Boston adidas running gear
- Access to all 261 Fearless events on race weekend, including an exclusive 261 Charity Team gathering with Kathrine Switzer and Team pre-race dinner
- Admission to a special waiting and warm up area at the race start in Hopkinton, including breakfast and pre-race fuel
- Access to special 261 Fearless Charity Team Boston hotel room rates in top Boston hotels and the services of our official 261 Fearless travel partner, Boston-based Marathon Tours and Travel
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ANTICIPATE A LARGE VOLUME OF APPLICATIONS FOR A LIMITED NUMBER OF ENTRIES. ALL APPLICATIONS WILL BE REVIEWED AND CONSIDERED BUT ARE NOT GUARANTEED A PLACE ON261 FEARLESS TEAM BOSTON 2020
- US $9,000 for Charity Runners needing a bib
- US $3,500 for Qualified Bibbed Runners wishing to join 261 Fearless Charity Team Boston 2020. Accepted Bibbed Runners will receive the same 261 Fearless Charity Team package and support, except for the official race entry.
261 FEARLESS CHARITY TEAM BOSTON 2020 APPLCATION FEE
For both Charity & Qualified Bibbed Runners: US $50 Application fee
261 FEARLESS CHARITY TEAM BOSTON 2020 FEES UPON ACCEPTANCE TO TEAM 261 FEARLESS
- US $261 Charity Team Deposit, paid upon acceptance to 261 Fearless, which will be counted towards your fundraising minimum
- US $370 B.A.A. Registration Fee paid directly to B.A.A. at the end of January 2020 (Charity Runners only)
Thank you for your supporting 261 Fearless and our international women’s running network!
We look forward to receiving your application.